New Payment Processor for Lunch and Online Registration
We recently implemented a new payment processor for districts/schools to accept online credit card payments from parents. This is integrated into the lunch and online registration modules. When parents pay lunch, registration, and general fees online, it is automatically reflected in student account balances maintained within SchoolInsight. The goal is to save staff time by reducing data entry of payments information. The new processor is WePay.com, and should provide both better technology and lower processing costs (compared to our existing solution).
We invite all SchoolInsight customers to enable online payments (or switch to WePay if you use our existing vendor). The benefits to you are:
- Reduction in staff time entering payments
- Lower fraud risk as less cash flows through school offices
- No monthly fees, setup costs, or transaction processing minimums
- Ability to add parent convenience fees to cover transaction costs
- Low transaction costs: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Funds directly deposited into your bank account on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Business office reports to aid reconciliation
- Direct first tier customer support from Common Goal Systems
- Easy account setup within SchoolInsight
While many of our larger customers currently use our existing solution, the pricing structure has been too expensive for most smaller ones. Since WePay charges a per transaction fee only (no setup, monthly, or minimum fees), this new structure should make online payments accessible to our smaller customers -- without sufficient payment volume to justify a dedicated merchant account.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. We’re happy to get you setup.
The Common Goal Team