Contact: Chris Gauldin
For Immediate release
July 2015 Product Release
Common Goal Systems, a leading developer of cloud-based software for schools, announces several enhancements to TeacherEase and SchoolInsight. TeacherEase is software for the digital classroom and SchoolInsight is a comprehensive student information system.
The new functionality includes:
Website Redesign. We've updated our look and feel to a more modern "flat design." We hope everyone enjoys it! Some highlights:
- The Student/Parent portal is now mobile-friendly and should work well on phones and other mobile devices. These pages will also be the basis for mobile apps that will be under development soon.
- Instructor Main received a visual overhaul. Notice that Quick Links are now tiles and newsfeed/events have improved visual design.
- If you prefer the "Classic" design, you can switch back
Main > Account Profile > Preferences
- Custom school colors/logos are not implemented in the new design yet, so those users will continue to be presented with the "Classic" look and feel
Free-Reduced Lunch Application Verification. The verification process for Free-Reduced Lunch Applications has been implemented, which completes work in this area. We hope that most SchoolInsight customers will use this new functionality, as it should save considerable time. There is no additional charge for SchoolInsight subscribers.
Generate the random application sample to be verified. Per federal requirements, three percent (up to 3000) of approved applications are selected at random, with priority given to "error prone" applications. This process can be initiated once per academic year, after October 1st. In addition, individual applications can be verified for cause. Upon promotion, free-reduced students will automatically receive a 30-day grace period with their previous free-reduced status which can be made permanent when their application is processed.
[District] Admin Main > Options > Lunch
[District] Admin Main > Free/Reduced Lunch Applications
Authorize.Net Networking Update. Our payment processor, Authorize.Net, recently sent emails to all schools using Online Payments alerting them of upcoming networking changes. We have implemented the required changes.
- Common Goal Systems, Inc Press Release, 8/3/2015